from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thin, fetid, greenish fluid consisting of serum and pus discharged from a wound, ulcer, or fistula.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a thin mixture of pus and blood serum discharged from a wound; ichor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thin, serous fluid commonly discharged from ulcers or foul wounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thin greenish or reddish discharge from wounds or sores, less thick and white than laudable pus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fluid product of inflammation
Latin saniēs.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin sanies (Wiktionary)