from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of legal practice dealing with the conveyance of property or real estate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The drawing of deeds etc. concerning transfer of property, and the legal execution of such transfers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The business of a conveyancer; the act or business of drawing deeds, leases, or other writings, for transferring the title to property from one person to another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of drawing deeds, leases, or other writings for transferring the title to property from one person to another, of investigating titles to property, and of framing the deeds and contracts which govern and define the rights and liabilities of families and individuals.
- n. The system of law affecting property, under which titles are held and transferred.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. act of transferring property title from one person to another
From conveyance. (Wiktionary)