from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that transmigrates.
- n. One in transit through a country on the way to the country in which one intends to settle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who transmigrates
- n. someone in transit through a country on the way to a final destination
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Migrating or passing from one place or state to another; passing from one residence to another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Passing into another country or state for residence, or into another form or body; migrating.
- n. One who migrates or leaves his own country and passes into another for settlement; a colonist.
- n. One who passes into another state or body.
Sorry, no etymologies found.