from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic of being hungry; hunger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being hungry; a need for food.
- n. An intense desire.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. strong desire for something (not food or drink)
- n. a physiological need for food; the consequence of food deprivation
- n. prolonged unfulfilled desire or need
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We spend most of the year hiding from the cold, we are not that comfortable in our bodies, we're reserved, polite, easily embarrassed and we just lack a kind of hungriness and fundamental drive that you need to do consistently well in sport, especially at today's level ....
They saw it as time for Google to recapture some of the hungriness of a start-up.
He shoveled in the delicious protein while continuing to assert his not-hungriness.
Abdilahi, 85, is an elder in Balli Hiile; "When I look at the landscape now, I think of hungriness" he says, looking out at the parched land surrounding him.
"When I look at the landscape now, I think of hungriness", he says, looking out at the parched land surrounding him.
* In a bowl, scramble eggs (I used 4 for my pie, take more or less depending on the size of your pan and grade of hungriness) with salt, pepper, and whatever other spices you like.
There are several great Japanese restaurants around Stockholm, but for ease of parking coming from our direction and general hungriness we chose one called “Sandai-me Kato”.
Man should only eat his fellow man out of hungriness.
But, by definition, any person who goes through the immense amount of pain, trouble, humiliation, and exhaustion to get elected to national office, has some level of power-hungriness.
The themes included foreignness mostly Quebecois variety, financial danger, power-hungriness, and strangely, religious badness, not usually a Canadian type of thing.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.