from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being nonresident.
- n. A building, such as a commercial property, that is not a residence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or condition of being nonresident
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fact of not residing or having one's abode within a particular jurisdiction: as, non-residence stands in the way of his appointment.
- n. Failure to reside where offcial duties require one to reside; a residing away from the place in which one is required by law or the duties of his office or station to reside, as a clergyman's living away from his pastorate or charge, or a landlord's not living on his own estate or in his own country, etc.
non- + residence (Wiktionary)