from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or condition of being nonresident.
- n. A building, such as a commercial property, that is not a residence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or condition of being nonresident
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fact of not residing or having one's abode within a particular jurisdiction: as, non-residence stands in the way of his appointment.
- n. Failure to reside where offcial duties require one to reside; a residing away from the place in which one is required by law or the duties of his office or station to reside, as a clergyman's living away from his pastorate or charge, or a landlord's not living on his own estate or in his own country, etc.
Those wanting to claim nonresidence may well have to sell properties here and leave the U.K. social scene, added Mr. Tailby-Faulkes.
What should be the social agency's policy in regard to nonresidence?
The discussion of this incident, of course, opened up the entire subject of nonresidence, and curiously enough I was disappointed in Tolstoy's position in the matter.
Pius IV accordingly showed considerable shrewdness in instructing the legates at once to formulate a decree on residence, which, while leaving the question of divine obligation open, imposed penalties on nonresidence -- except for lawful reasons -- sufficient to meet practical requirements.
"Sales" for purposes of computing the sources during the period of nonresidence. sales factor are de ﬁ ned in Rule No. 801.08.
Burglary of a nonresidence and theft were reported Wednesday at Slender Solutions on South College Street after a cash box, cash, a laptop computer, inside walls and doors, powder and four quarts of body solution were taken between 7: 15 p.m. Monday and 11: 45 a.m. Wednesday.
Burglary of a nonresidence and larceny were reported Wednesday at Extra Space on Opelika Road after an audio mixer, a microphone, a TV, headphones and a shoebox containing miscellaneous papers were taken between 8 a.m. May 13 and 8 a.m. Wednesday.
- Burglary of a nonresidence and theft were reported Sunday at The Exchange on East Longleaf Drive after two TVs were taken and a window and a painting were damaged between 1: 45 and 2: 45 a.m.
Burglary of a nonresidence and larceny were reported Monday at BP Grub Mart on South College Street after someone took items between 12: 01 a.m. Sunday and 4: 39 a.m. Monday.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.