from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by temporary abatement in severity. Used especially of diseases.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to remission of the severity of symptoms
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Remitting; characterized by remission; having remissions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Temporarily abating; having remissions from time to time: noting diseases the symptoms of which diminish very considerably, but never entirely disappear as in intermittent diseases.
- n. Same as remittent fever (which see, under fever).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a disease) characterized by periods of diminished severity
Sorry, no etymologies found.