from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Abnormally high fever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An excessive and unusual elevation of set body temperature greater than or equal to 41°C (105.8°F), or extremely high fever.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A condition of excessive fever; an elevation of temperature in a disease, in excess of the limit usually observed in that disease.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a high degree of pyrexia or fever.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. extremely high fever (especially in children)
Sorry, no etymologies found.