American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A degradation product of penicillin, C5H11NO2S, that is used as a chelating agent and in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, Wilson's disease, and lead poisoning.
- n. chemistry a breakdown product of penicillin used as a chelating drug to treat poisoning by heavy metals etc
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem., Med.) A substance (C5H11NO2S) which is a degradation product of the penicillins. Chemically it is 3-mercapto-D-valine. It has chelating properties and is used in medicine as an antirheumatic and to chelate copper in cases of hepatolenticular degeneration (Wilson's disease).
- n. a drug (trade name Cuprimine) used to treat heavy metal poisoning and Wilson's disease and severe arthritis
- penicill(in) + -amine. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“And while d-penicillamine has potentially serious side effects at adult doses, at the low doses given to the children, he says, there were milder reported events, such as rashes and stomach upset.”
“After hospitalization lowered her levels, Dr. Shannon prescribed d-penicillamine to try to get the lead down even further.”
“He says he knows of at least a dozen compounds that, like d-penicillamine, could be reformulated for FDA approval for pediatric use with investments of $2 million to $8 million.”
“Enter d-penicillamine, a drug for rheumatoid arthritis and adults with a rare genetic disorder.”
“Michael Shannon has used a drug called d-penicillamine to treat children with lead poisoning.”
“In his office at Children's Hospital Boston recently, Dr. Shannon points to the table where he sits with parents after a child has completed the d-penicillamine regimen.”
“So he and the hospital were eager to work with Tedor to develop a new, better-tasting formula for d-penicillamine that could be FDA approved for kids and thus gain wider use.”
“Among parents who have used d-penicillamine, no one questions the need for a palatable recipe.”
“Colchicine, d-penicillamine, and order colchicine online cod in the product of professional pulmonary fibrosis: a informed preferable trial.”
“After developing the blood test for Wilson disease, he worked with Dr. Irmin Sternlieb and Dr. John M. Walshe of Cambridge University in England to treat the disease by using the oral drug D-penicillamine”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘penicillamine’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for penicillamine.