from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Destroying or inhibiting the growth and reproduction of viruses.
- adj. Computer Science Of or relating to an antivirus.
- adj. Computer Science Eliminating or inhibiting the effectiveness of viruses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inhibiting the growth and reproduction of a virus.
- adj. Eliminating or inhibiting the action of a computer virus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any drug that destroys viruses
- adj. inhibiting or stopping the growth and reproduction of viruses
anti- + viral. (Wiktionary)