from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An agent that destroys bacteria.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any substance that kills bacteria, especially one that is otherwise harmless.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as germicide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A substance that has the property of destroying bacteria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any drug that destroys bacteria or inhibits their growth
- n. any chemical agent that destroys bacteria
bacterium + -cide (Wiktionary)