from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who loves, supports, or favours peace; one who is pro-peace.
- n. One who avoids violence.
- n. One who opposes violence and is anti-war.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes.
- n. A person whose strong belief in pacifism causes him/her to refuse to participate in military activities, especially one who refuses to be drafted into the armed forces.
- adj. Adhering to pacifism; opposed to war; -- of people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. opposed to war
- n. someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes
Sorry, no etymologies found.