from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to reduction.
- adj. Relating to, being an instance of, or exhibiting reductionism.
- adj. Relating to or being an instance of reductivism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or causing physical reduction.
- adj. Of or pertaining to reductionism or reductivism.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or causing figurative reduction; belittling, disparaging, ridiculing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to reduce; having the power or effect of reducing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the property, power, or effect of reducing; tending to reduce.
- n. That which has the power of reducing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by or causing diminution or curtailment
Sorry, no etymologies found.