from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing or involving subtraction.
- adj. Of or being a color produced by light passing through or reflecting off a colorant, such as a filter or pigment, that absorbs certain wavelengths and transmits or reflects others. See Table at color.
- adj. Of or being any of the subtractive colors cyan, magenta, or yellow.
- adj. Of or being a photographic process that produces a positive image by superposing or mixing substances that selectively absorb colored light.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to subtraction
- adj. Describing a colour, from which some wavelengths have been removed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending, or having power, to subtract.
- adj. Having the negative sign, or sign minus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to subtract; having power to subtract.
- In mathematics, having the minus sign (—).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. constituting or involving subtraction
Sorry, no etymologies found.