from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. In quantum mechanics, the passing of a particle through a seemingly impenetrable barrier without a cause that is explainable by classical physics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of burrowing a tunnel.
- n. The practice of exploring tunnel.
- n. The quantum mechanical passing of a particle through an energy barrier.
- v. Present participle of tunnel.
Sorry, no etymologies found.