from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of overlap.
- adj. Pertaining to something that overlaps something else.
- n. The situation in which things overlap.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as clinker-built; -- of ships.
- n. A covering with an overlapping design, as with tiles or shingles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The action or effect which occurs when one thing overlaps another; the production or the essential character of an overlap. Specifically
- n. In psychology, the supplanting of one mental disposition or of one combination of mental processes by another and more powerful disposition or combination, without appreciable conflict.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. covering with a design in which one element covers a part of another (as with tiles or shingles)
Sorry, no etymologies found.