from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of lapstrake.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made with boards whose edges lap one over another; clinker-built; -- said of boats. Contrasted with
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Built with each streak or course of planking overlapping the one below it like clapboards on a house; clincher-built: applied to boats.
- n. A boat built in this way. Lapstreaks are not so strong as smooth-seamed boats, and are much more easily strained.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having overlapping hull planks
Sorry, no etymologies found.