from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the planet Mars or its hypothetical inhabitants.
- n. A hypothetical inhabitant of the planet Mars, especially as a stock fictional character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the planet Mars.
- adj. Of or relating to Martians.
- n. An inhabitant of the planet Mars.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Mars, the Roman god of war, or to the planet bearing his name; martial.
- proper n. An inhabitant of the planet Mars; -- fictional or hypothetical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the god Mars or to war; warlike.
- Of or pertaining to the planet Mars; Martial.
- n. An (imaginary or possible) inhabitant of Mars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. imaginary people who live on the planet Mars
- adj. of or relating to the planet Mars (or its fictional inhabitants)
CH001 * A. Old Fashioned Martian Girl* by Mary A. Turzillo CH002 * Trophies and Treasures* by Jerry Oltion & A.y A.t Hanson CH003 * Viewschool* by Rajnar Vajra CH004 * The First Martian* by Joe Schembrie CH005 * Unbound* by Dave Creek CH006 Science Fact: * The Fifth Biorevolution* by Stephen L. Gillett, Ph. D.
Here's what I call Martian alphabet, just like your alphabet, A is A, B is B, C is C, different shapes for different phonemes, right?
After a lunar base is establish, permanently manned orbiting facilities should be established in Martian orbit in order to exploit mine the regolith of the moons of Mars for oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and mass shielding.
But that was not what Viking found --- it uncovered evidence of life but (to this day) could not rule out an odd inorganic reaction between its biology experiments and an unknown oxidant in Martian soil.
The shuttle climbed through the thin Martian atmosphere, and headed toward the harbor in orbit.
In the dead silence of the thin Martian atmosphere, I could hear the life support system of my environmental pack whine as it struggled to remove the excess heat, moisture, and carbon dioxide from my spacesuit.
The barrel separates from the brightly colored, Marvin Martian base as a retractable roller ball.
A regolith shielded rotational space station in Martian orbir near Phobos or Deimos could then later serve as a gateway towards sending humans to Mars and establishing a permanently manned facility on the Martian surface.
Ashton wins this round: SERVIR-Africa is not in Martian orbit.
Marvin Martian deserves to be in the spotlight for once.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.