from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the planet Mars or its hypothetical inhabitants.
- n. A hypothetical inhabitant of the planet Mars, especially as a stock fictional character.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the planet Mars.
- adj. Of or relating to Martians.
- n. An inhabitant of the planet Mars.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Mars, the Roman god of war, or to the planet bearing his name; martial.
- proper n. An inhabitant of the planet Mars; -- fictional or hypothetical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the god Mars or to war; warlike.
- Of or pertaining to the planet Mars; Martial.
- n. An (imaginary or possible) inhabitant of Mars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. imaginary people who live on the planet Mars
- adj. of or relating to the planet Mars (or its fictional inhabitants)
Middle English marcien, from Latin Mārtius, from Mārs, Mārt-, Mars.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)