from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Gnarled; misshapen.
- adj. Slang Remarkable; outstanding.
- adj. Slang Unpleasant; disgusting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having or characterized by gnarls; gnarled
- adj. dangerous
- adj. unpleasant, awful, ugly
- adj. excellent, attractive
- adj. Of music or a sound, harsh
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of knots; knotty; twisted; crossgrained.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having rough or distorted knots.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots
gnarl + -y. (Wiktionary)