from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of bone.
- adj. Having some specific type of bone.
- adj. beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- adj. Broken.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having (such) bones; -- used in composition.
- adj. Deprived of bones.
- adj. Manured with bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having bones (of the kind indicated in composition): as, high-boned; strong-boned.
- In cookery, freed from bones: as, a boned fowl.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having bones as specified
- adj. having had the bones removed
Sorry, no etymologies found.