American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a chemical precipitate, especially of carbonates, having the characteristics of cement.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to cement; having the property of cementing; of the nature of cement.
- adj. Resembling or having some properties of cement.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. rare Of the nature of cement.
- adj. like or relevant to or having the properties of cement
- Latin caementitius pertaining to quarry stones. See cement. (Wiktionary)
- From Latin caementīcius, made of uncut stones or rubble, from caementum, uncut stone; see cement. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The association specializes in premixes for engineered cementitious composite (ECC) (Bendable Concrete).”
“In 1962, entomologist Jean Ruelle — as if possessed by the unborn spirit of Rachel Whiteread — filled a mature Macrotermes michaelseni mound with cementitious slurry, waited until it hardened, and then eroded every bit of the sculpted soil with water and trowels.”
“Li's self-healing concrete is based on a material he came up with in 1990 called engineered cementitious composite.”
“Bitumen is a generic term for natural or manufactured black or dark-colored solid, semisolid, or viscous cementitious materials that are composed mainly of high-molecular weight hydrocarbons.”
“I meant painted in the sense of a pigmented cementitious finish that is applied to the surface of the brick before firing.”
“However, now that the disaster has occured, and the buildings are mostly destroyed, why not re-level the city – that is, demolish all structures, remove/burn the non-cementitious debris and then add fill dirt to add 20 ft elevation everywhere?”
“GERRI WILLIS, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Looking for an alternative to aluminum siding, consider using cementitious material.”
“Surprisingly, nearly ten centimeters of cementitious material remained attached to the underside of the mosaic, making the piece quite heavy.”
“These slag by-products, which have cementitious properties, are either blended in various cement products, or used separately with cement directly in the building and construction industries.”
“Sample No. Composition of the cementitious material”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cementitious’.
Words I like
Looking for tweets for cementitious.