from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not deemed visually attractive.
- adj. Not pleasant; disagreeable: an unlovely personality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. unattractive, ugly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not lovely; not amiable; possessing qualities that excite dislike; disagreeable; displeasing; unpleasant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not lovely.
- Not beautiful or attractive to the eye; displeasing to the sight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without beauty or charm
un- + lovely (Wiktionary)