from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not conforming to the principles or criteria of art: "Never would she resort to the inartistic expedient of modifying her work to suit the popular taste” ( Edith Wharton).
- adj. Lacking taste or interest in art.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking in artistic ability.
- adj. Not done in an artistic style.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not artistic; not conformable to the rules or principles of art; deficient in liking for or appreciation of art.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking aesthetic sensibility
Sorry, no etymologies found.