from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. At an indefinite or unstated time: I'll meet you sometime this afternoon.
- adv. At an indefinite time in the future: Let's get together sometime.
- adv. Obsolete Sometimes.
- adv. Archaic Formerly.
- adj. Having been at some prior time; former: a sometime secretary.
- adj. Usage Problem Occasional.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. At an unstated or indefinite time in the future
- adv. sometimes
- adj. Former, erstwhile; at some previous time.
- adj. Occasional.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. At a past time indefinitely referred to; once; formerly.
- adv. At a time undefined; once in a while; now and then; sometimes.
- adv. At one time or other hereafter.
- adj. Having been formerly; former; late; whilom.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as sometimes.
- At a certain time; on a certain occasion; once upon a time; once.
- At one time; for a certain time in the past; formerly; once.
- At an indefinite future time; by and by: as, sometime I will explain.
- Former; whilom; late.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. at some indefinite or unstated time
- adj. belonging to some prior time
Sorry, no etymologies found.