American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. At an indefinite or unstated time: I'll meet you sometime this afternoon.
- adv. At an indefinite time in the future: Let's get together sometime.
- adv. Obsolete Sometimes.
- adv. Archaic Formerly.
- adj. Having been at some prior time; former: a sometime secretary.
- adj. Usage Problem Occasional.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as sometimes.
- At a certain time; on a certain occasion; once upon a time; once.
- At one time; for a certain time in the past; formerly; once.
- At an indefinite future time; by and by: as, sometime I will explain.
- Former; whilom; late.
- adv. US At an unstated or indefinite time in the future
- adv. obsolete sometimes
- adj. Former, erstwhile; at some previous time.
- adj. Occasional.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. At a past time indefinitely referred to; once; formerly.
- adv. At a time undefined; once in a while; now and then; sometimes.
- adv. At one time or other hereafter.
- adj. Having been formerly; former; late; whilom.
- adv. at some indefinite or unstated time
- adj. belonging to some prior time
“Although Terry Moore has been tapped to restart the title sometime in 2008, it remains to be seen if this will come to pass since apparently Spider-Man no longer loves Mary Jane in the Marvel Universe.”
“But I'd definitely love to be able to try and win another title sometime soon, that's for sure.”
“Reportedly, the company teased that there will be "something far-reaching" for the title sometime next year.”
“They'll release the album on the label sometime this Fall.”
“According to the UK's Daily Mirror, the "Material Girl" is set to team up with Audigier to design a special collection for the label sometime this year - a collaboration that is bound to create long queues at their stores worldwide.”
“And I loved that phrase, and it kept resounding in my head and I knew I had to use it as a title sometime for something.”
“The biggest legal news from the States of the past week is Justice Stevens's announcementthat he will retirethe day after the court concludes its term sometime in mid-June.”
“Q: after you shoot a coyote what do you do with it do you eat it keep the fur or get a full body mount, ive never been coyote huntin but theres some on the farm i hunt so i was just wandering because i would like to go sometime is coyote meat safe to eat”
“It was a fantastic trip and I hope that I can return to Scotland again sometime in the future.”
“I'm confident that if I can get Nick (and Jessica) to come out here again sometime that we'll find some other wines he'll enjoy and find to be good values.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sometime’.
Words to be replaced by a paragraph mark if you are after terms and MWEs.
Words overused in modern pop music.
Also see ruzuzu's list: Words that should be heard in songs more often.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for sometime.