from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. At last; in the end; eventually.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Indicating the last item.
- adv. Indicating the most important action.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. As a final consequence; at last; in the end.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- As an ultimate or final result; at last; in the end or outcome; at the furthest point of a series; finally.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. as the end result of a succession or process
ultimate + -ly (Wiktionary)