from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring or undertaken only once: a one-time winner in 1995.
- adj. Having been in the past; former: asked his one-time classmates for help.
- adj. Sports Relating to or being a shot made from a pass that is not stopped prior to shooting.
- transitive v. Sports To shoot (a ball or puck) directly from a pass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a specific time in the past.
- adj. Occurring only on one occasion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sometime; former; whilom: as, with their one-time king.
- At once; without delay.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. belonging to some prior time
Sorry, no etymologies found.