from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An article in a publication expressing the opinion of its editors or publishers.
- n. A commentary on television or radio expressing the opinion of the station or network.
- adj. Of or relating to an editor or editing: an editorial position with a publishing company; an editorial policy prohibiting the use of unnamed sources.
- adj. Of or resembling an editorial, especially in expressing an opinion: an editorial comment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to an editor, editing or an editorial.
- adj. Appropriate for high fashion magazines.
- n. An article in a publication giving the opinion of its editors on a given topic or current event.
- n. A similar commentary on radio or television.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an editor; written or sanctioned by an editor
- n. A leading article in a newspaper or magazine; an editorial article; an article published as an expression of the views of the editor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, proceeding from, or written by an editor: as, editorial labors; an editorial article, note, or remark.
- n. An article, as in a newspaper, written by the editor or one of his assistants, and in form setting forth the position or opinion of the paper upon some subject; a leading article: as, an editorial on the war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to an article stating opinions or giving perspectives
- adj. relating to or characteristic of an editor
- n. an article giving opinions or perspectives
Sorry, no etymologies found.