from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not accepted or recognized: an unacknowledged inventor; an unacknowledged greeting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not acknowledged
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not acknowledged; not recognized: as, an unacknowledged agent or consul.
- Not owned; not confessed; not avowed: as, an unacknowledged crime or fault.
- Not noticed; not reported as received: as, his check has remained unacknowledged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not openly acknowledged
- adj. not recognized or admitted
un- + acknowledged (Wiktionary)