from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to cogitation.
- adj. Inclined to or capable of cogitation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, inclined to or capable of cogitation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessing, or pertaining to, the power of thinking or meditating.
- adj. Given to thought or contemplation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the power of cogitating or meditating; thinking; reflective: as, cogitative faculties.
- Given to thought or contemplation; thoughtful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given to cogitation
- adj. of or relating to having capacities for cogitation
Sorry, no etymologies found.