from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Sideways.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. sideways
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. A heavy swinging blow from the side, which disables an adversary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Toward one side; in an inclining position: as, to hold the head sidewise.
- Laterally; on one side: as, the refraction of light sidewise.
- Directed or tending to one side; lateral in course or bearing; sideling: as, a sidewise glance; to make a sidewise leap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with one side forward or to the front
- adv. toward one side
- adv. from the side; obliquely
side + -wise (Wiktionary)