from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A footpath near a road
- n. A byway
- adj. sidelong
- adv. sideways
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lateral space for passage or movement, as by the side of a carriageway; a sidewalk.
- Pertaining to lateral movement; moving to or along the side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. toward one side
- adv. with one side forward or to the front
- adv. from the side; obliquely
Sorry, no etymologies found.