from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Palmistry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Divination performed by examining the lines in the palms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or practice of foretelling events, or of telling the fortunes or the disposition of persons by inspecting the hand; palmistry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Divination by the hand; the art or practice of attempting to foretell the future of a person by inspecting the lines and lineaments of his hand; palmistry practised with reference to the future; also, palmistry in general.
- n. Synonyms Chiromancy, Chirognomy. See chirognomy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. telling fortunes by lines on the palm of the hand
From chiro- ("hand") + -mancy. (Wiktionary)