from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no horns: muley cattle.
- n. An animal without horns, especially a cow.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Without horns.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stiff, long saw, guided at the ends but not stretched in a gate.
- n. See mulley.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hornless: said of cattle.
- n. Any cow: a colloquial abbreviation of muley cow.
- n. Same as muley-saw.
From Irish Gaelic maol (from Old Irish mael) or from Welsh moel, bald, hornless.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)