from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Preventing or reducing anxiety; antianxiety.
- n. An antianxiety medication; a tranquilizer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That reduces anxiety; tranquilizing
- n. A drug prescribed for the treatment of symptoms of anxiety.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tranquilizer used to relieve anxiety and reduce tension and irritability
- adj. anxiety relieving
anxi(ety) + -lytic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From anxio- (combining form of anxiety) + -lytic. (Wiktionary)