from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Oppressed; tyrannized.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Opressed, persecuted or subjugated.
- adj. Trodden down.
- v. Past participle of downtrod
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Trodden down; trampled upon; tyrannized over.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abused or oppressed by people in power
From the past participle of downtrod. (Wiktionary)