from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Linked by a close relationship.
- adj. Beholden to another; bound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of affine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Joined in affinity or by any tie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Joined by affinity or any close tie; akin; allied; confederated.
- Bound or obligated by affinity or some intimate relation.
- In zoology, joined in natural affinity; having affinity; allied homologically and morphologically; related in structural character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. closely related
French affiné, from Old French affin, closely related, from Latin affīnis, related by marriage : ad-, ad- + fīnis, boundary.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)