from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To insure again, especially by transferring all or part of the risk in a contract to a new contract with another insurance company.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To insure again (extending or replacing prior insurance.)
- v. To place insurance on the contract that insures something (allowing the insurer to offset risk in the same way the insuree did).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To insure again after a former insuranse has ceased; to renew insurance on.
- transitive v. To insure, as life or property, in favor of one who has taken an insurance risk upon it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To insure again: insure a second time and take the risks, so as to relieve another or other insurers. Also reassure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. insure again by transferring to another insurance company all or a part of a liability assumed
- v. insure again by assuming all or a part of the liability of an insurance company already covering a risk
- v. provide additional insurance for
Sorry, no etymologies found.