from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a thousand, especially to a thousand years.
- adj. Of, relating to, or believing in the doctrine of the millennium.
- n. One who believes the millennium will occur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lasting or expected to last a thousand years.
- n. A person who believes in an apocalyptic millennium, an Adventist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of a thousand years; of or pertaining to the millennium, or to the Millenarians.
- n. One who believes that Christ will personally reign on earth a thousand years; a Chiliast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or pertaining to a thousand, specifically to an expected millennial period of righteousness on earth; chiliastic: as, millenarian speculations.
- n. One who believes in the millennium; more specifically, one who believes that Christ will visibly reign on earth with his saints for a thousand years or for an indefinite period of time before the end of the world; a chiliast. See millennium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who believes in the coming of the millennium (a time of great peace and prosperity)
- adj. relating to or believing in the millennium of peace and happiness
From Late Latin millenarius + -an. (Wiktionary)