from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of Lusitanian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Lusitania, the ancient name of the region almost coinciding with Portugal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the territory or people of Lusitania, a province of ancient Spain (Hispania), including almost all of modern Portugal and part of modern Spain, and now used as a political synonym of Portugal; hence, Portuguese.
- n. An inhabitant of ancient Lusitania or of modern Portugal; a Portuguese.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Portugal or the people of Portugal or their language
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of the region of Lusitania or its people or language
Sorry, no etymologies found.