from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a thousand, especially to a thousand years; millenarian.
- adj. Of or relating to the doctrine of the millennium; millenarian.
- adj. Of or relating to millenarians.
- n. A sum or total of one thousand, especially a thousand years.
- n. A millenarian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to a thousand, especially to a thousand years
- adj. Of or pertaining to a millennium; millenarian
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of a thousand; millennial.
- n. The space of a thousand years; a millennium; also, a millenarian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or pertaining to a thousand, specifically a thousand years; in a restricted sense, of or pertaining to the millennium.
- n. An aggregate of a thousand; specifically, a period of a thousand years; in a restricted sense, the millennium.
- n. A commander or leader of a thousand men.
- n. One who expects the millennium. See millenarian.
- n. A thousandth anniversary; a celebration of an event that had happened one thousand years before.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sum or aggregate of one thousand (especially one thousand years)
- n. the 1000th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
- adj. relating to or consisting of 1000
- adj. of or relating to the doctrine of the millennium
- n. a span of 1000 years
Latin mīllēnārius, from mīllēnī, a thousand each, from mīlle, thousand; see gheslo- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)