from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the color of red wine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. containing wine
- adj. of the colour of red wine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to, or like, wine or grapes.
- adj. Of the color of wine, especially of red wine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to wine or grapes.
- Wine-colored; claret-colored; red, like wine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of the color of wine
- adj. of or relating to wine
From Latin vīnāceus, refuse from wine pressing, from vīnum, wine.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin vinaceus, from Latin vinum. (Wiktionary)