from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Rust-colored; reddish-brown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of rubiginose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rusty; having a rusty appearance, as the sputa in some cases of pneumonia.
- In botany and zoology, rust-colored; brownish-red; ferruginous.
- Affected by rubigo, as a plant.
Latin rūbīginōsus, from rūbīgō, rūbīgin-, rust, from rōbus, red; see reudh- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)