from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of secondary status: second-class issues.
- adj. Of or relating to travel accommodations ranking next below the highest or first class.
- adj. Of or relating to a class of U.S. and Canadian mail consisting of newspapers and periodicals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inferior in quality or standing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of the rank or degree below the best or highest; inferior; second-rate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to the class next after the first: specifically noting railway-carriages, steamer accommodations, and the like: as, second-class passengers; a second-class ticket.
- Inferior, in any sense: as, a second-class hotel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. not the highest rank in a classification
- n. not the highest quality in a classification
- adv. by second class conveyance
- n. a class of accommodations on a ship or train or plane that are less expensive than first class accommodations
- adj. of inferior status or quality
Sorry, no etymologies found.