from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occupying one's complete attention; wholly absorbing: listened to an engrossing symphony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of engross
- adj. Utterly consuming of one's time and attention
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. capable of holding the attention completely; very interesting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of arousing and holding the attention
Sorry, no etymologies found.