American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The state or quality of being amorphous.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being amorphous or without shape; specifically, absence of crystallization; want of crystalline structure, even in the minutest particles, as in glass, opal, etc.
- n. The anarchic, communistic system proposed by the Russian Bakunin; universal and absolute anarchy; nihilism; extreme communism.
- n. amorphous quality
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A state of being amorphous; esp. a state of being without crystallization even in the minutest particles, as in glass, opal, etc.
- a- + -morphism (Wiktionary)
“I like my mores like I like my marriageson paper because polyamory is not bigamy more or less it is homophone homology the more the merrier love overturns amorphism”
“The phenomena which are produced in both methods of tempering may be interpreted in different ways, but it seems likely that there is a molecular approximation, an amorphism from which results the homogeneity that is due to the absence of crystallization.”
“If the upper-middle class, with other classes, is destined to "move on" into amorphism, here, pickled in these pages, it lies under glass for strollers in the wide and ill-arranged museum of Letters.”
“Avicenna expounded a respect and amorphism of the human soul.”
“In his quest to become the most famous vessel for political amorphism, Taylor has never led in D.C. on a single issue or even scored a committee chairmanship.”
““move on” into amorphism, here, pickled in these pages, it lies under glass for strollers in the wide and ill-arranged museum of Letters.”
‘amorphism’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for amorphism.