from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A boy or man who works in an inn or a public house serving customers and doing chores.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A boy employed as waiter to serve (pots of) drinks, as in a tavern.
- n. a boy or man employed in a public house to collect empty pots or glasses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A boy who carries pots of ale, beer, etc.; a menial in a public house.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A boy or young man who has the charge of beer-pots.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker in an inn or public house who serves customers and does various chores
pot + boy (Wiktionary)