from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tap / faucet that regulates the flow of a fluid
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plug-cock or faucet, in which the plug is turned around its axis, by a handle or a wrench, in order to open or close it.
- n. The servant of a watercompany who turns on the water for the mains, regulates the fire-plugs, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one employed to control water supply by turning water mains on and off
- n. faucet consisting of a rotating device for regulating flow of a liquid
Sorry, no etymologies found.