from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device for regulating the flow of a liquid from a reservoir such as a pipe or drum. See Regional Note at andiron.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exposed plumbing fitting; a tap or spigot; a regulator for controlling the flow of a liquid from a reservoir.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fixture for drawing a liquid, as water, molasses, oil, etc., from a pipe, cask, or other vessel, in such quantities as may be desired; -- called also tap, and cock. It consists of a tubular spout, stopped with a movable plug, spigot, valve, or slide.
- n. The enlarged end of a section of pipe which receives the spigot end of the next section.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A device fixed in a receptacle or pipe to control the flow of liquid from it by opening or closing an orifice.
- n. The enlarged end of a pipe fitted to the spigot-end of another pipe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a regulator for controlling the flow of a liquid from a reservoir
Nice work, good design, trendy style … This faucet is a must have …
The rhythmic dripping of a faucet is audible through the flat.
The water slows until the faucet is parallel to the sink; continuing to twist it up turns it back on again. [via Freshome] [...]
The faucet is unending in its supply and there are no consequences for foolish spending in the eyes of some.
I still have a lot of bags to unload and am very disorganized but the new faucet is so wonderful I can forget the mess around here.
Whether you have a roof tank (tinaco) or a water pressure system, the initial quality of the water that finally arrives at your faucet is dependent on the water quality in the aljibe.
This irresistible kitchen faucet is flexible enough to make all your tasks easy and simple and ensuring that you can reach wherever you want with it.
The faucet is available in black, white and gray. – via HomeDosh
Prediction: invest in faucet water purification systems.
And most importantly, to sit your ass down in that chair and not get up and just keep writing, no matter how long the day at work and the fact that it's well past midnight and that damn faucet is leaking and the neighbors are playing that awful music and your back hurts and you're not just thinking but truly believing that the story probably sucks anyway ...
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.