from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sensationalistic; tending to sensationalize; characterized by sensationalism (the use of exaggerated or lurid material in order to gain public attention).
- n. One who indulges in sensational behavior or action
- n. One who believes or espouses sensationalism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An advocate of, or believer in, philosophical sensationalism.
- n. One who practices sensational writing or speaking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In metaphysics, a believer in or an upholder of the doctrine of sensationalism or sensualism: sometimes used adjectively.
- n. A sensational writer or speaker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who uses exaggerated or lurid material in order to gain public attention
sensational + -ist. (Wiktionary)