from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who operates a printing press.
- n. Chiefly British A newspaper reporter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who operates a printing press
- n. a journalist or newspaper reporter
- n. one who pressgangs people into naval service
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who manages, or attends to, a press, esp. a printing press.
- n. One who presses clothes.
- n. One of a press gang, who aids in forcing men into the naval service; also, one forced into the service.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is engaged in pressing; specifically, one who attends to a wine-press.
- n. One who operates or has charge of a printing-press; specifically, a printer who does press-work; one who runs a hand-press, or who manages a press or presses run by steam or other power.
- n. In journalism, sometimes, a man employed on the press; a writer or reporter for a newspaper.
- n. One of a press-gang who aids in forcing men into military or naval service.
- n. A man impressed into the public service, as the army or navy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a journalist employed to provide news stories for newspapers or broadcast media
- n. someone whose occupation is printing
Sorry, no etymologies found.