from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who needlessly alarms or attempts to alarm others, as by inventing or spreading false or exaggerated rumors of impending danger or catastrophe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who causes others to become alarmed without cause.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One prone to sound or excite alarms, especially, needless alarms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who excites alarm; one who is prone to raise an alarm, as by exaggerating bad news or prophesying calamities, particularly in regard to political or social matters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who alarms others needlessly
alarm + -ist (Wiktionary)